Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Love Wall Art

I have this adorable friend named Shannon who is a awesome artist. She has been painting 5x7 water colors to make thank you cards for the people who help her while she is on a trip to Europe. She took multiple copies of them and offered me 2 ocean scapes, which I LOVE!!!

So I made a little project out of them. I really wanted a simple matted frame and didn't want to pay a whole lot for them, but I also wanted the frames color to fit in with my home.
Immediately I was on a quest to find the right frame at a yard sale.

They were a buck each with the mat and picture included which was an awesome price tag for what I had in store.


I pulled out my handy dandy spray paint and went to town. The frame was transformed to a soft ocean blue and the mat is a sandy tan to go with the beach atmosphere. When all was said and done they looked a thousand times better and the color pops on my wall.

3 comments:

Amy said...

those look to be Shannon Andelins!

Melanie said...

They are!!! Doesn't she do the best job ever :O)

Taylors Lodge said...

I love Shannon's art work