Sunday, April 24, 2011

Timber...

Isn't that a pretty site to come home too!!! The thoughts that ran through my head within a minute... I'm so grateful it didn't hit my house, or the neighbors house, or the truck parked across the street. How am I supposed to handle this? Call Doug quick! But what is he gonna do, he is at work.

The root system was taller then me, but under the pressure of mother nature anything can SNAP just like that.
Thanks goodness for amazing neighbors! He was over within 10 minutes and cut up the whole tree in about an hour. Then the city came in with this nifty machine and scooped up the whole tree
And just like that it was gone... in less then 3 hours all we had left was a crater in our flower bed.

It was such an interesting proces to watch especially how quickly it was handled and how willing everyone was to help.

On the up side, maybe I can get a cute lilac tree to put there instead :O)

No comments: